My version of Chicken Macaroni Salad. This is the first time I make this and it came out really good. Too my surprised some of my picky friends love it! Chicken Macaroni Salad is very popular in the Philippines as a side dish. Easy to make and prepare.
1 - Can Condensed Milk (14 oz 396g)
1 - 8 oz ( 226g )Cream Cheese room temperature
1/2 - chopped candied pecan or walnuts (optional)
1/2 - Cup parsley - chopped (optional)
1/2 - Cup red onion diced
1 - Cup finely shredded Carrots
2 - Cook chicken breast diced ( I used 2 breast of the rotisserie chicken)
1 - Cup raisins or cranberry
2 - Cup Mayonnaise
2 - Cups Ambrosia, Fuji or Honeycrisp Apples diced
1 - Cup Celery diced
1 - Cup shredded Eden Cheese + 1/4 cup for garnish
Note: If Eden cheese is not available you can use mild cheddar cheese instead.
1 - Box Elbows Macaroni (1 lb, 454g)
Salt and Ground black pepper - to taste
1. Prepare all your dry ingredients (Mise en place).
2. Cook the elbow macaroni ( drained and set a side). Make sure before you incorporate or add the pasta to rest of the ingredients is cold not hot nor warm.
3. In a bowl combine mayonnaise, cream cheese and condensed milk whisk it till all well blended and free of lump (silky and velvety texture) season with salt and ground black pepper. Cover with plastic and place it in the refrigerator.
4. In a big bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
5. Get the sauce from the refrigerator added to the rest of the ingredients, tossed it well to make sure that all the ingredients is well coated with the sauce. Adjust seasoning by adding salt and black pepper.
6. Chill about 2 hours before serving. Transfer in a serving platter and garnish with the remaining cheese.
7. You can make this ahead of time too.
The first time I made this it was a failure. I used the wrong flour, I kinda bomb out tho. But doesn't mean I have to give up with my experimentation. Remember what they always said, try and try until you succeed, definitely I did for the second time. SAPIN - SAPIN is one of the native Filipino cuisine. A very colorful layered delicious dessert topped with LATIK or toasted coconut flakes. This dessert is made of glutinous rice, coconut milk and sugar.
For the batter:
1 Bag Glutinous Rice Flour(16oz, 1lb)
2 Cans Coconut Milk 13.5 fl oz (400ml)
1 - 1/4 Cups Granulated Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Teaspoon Pandan Extract + 1/4 Teaspoon Green food coloring
1 Teaspoon Purple yum ube flavor
1 Teaspoon Mango Extract or Jack-fruit Extract
3 Tablespoon unsalted butter for greasing the 10"x2" round pan
* Get ready your steamer for cooking.
1. In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients. Whisk it till smooth, then divide the batter into four.
2. Add the flavoring into each portion. Note: You can use any color or flavor you desire.
3. Grease the pan with unsalted butter.
4. Pour in the first batter (note: is up to you which color first).
5. Steam it for 15 minutes. To test if the batter is done use a toothpick or skewer. Poke the batter with a toothpick or skewer. Once it comes out clean that means that you can pour the next layer of batter.
6. Once cooked, leave in the steamer for 30 minutes.
7. Take out from steamer let it cool down for 1 hour.
8. Unmold it and place it in a serving tray topped with the latik.
2 Cans Coconut Milk 13.5 fl oz (400ml)
Pour in the coconut milk into sauce pan and simmer in medium low-heat till coconut curdle and turn into light dark brown it should look like bits size. Once cook strain the oil and set aside.
NOTE: If you're not comfortable to make the latik the easy way to do it is too toast a 1/2 cup of Flaked Coconut Sweetened till it turn to lightly dark brown.
Homemade dip with fresh fruits perfect for snacks or potluck to share with family and friends when having a barbecue. FYI my chica Rita taught me how to make this delicious dip. You can serve with your favorite fruits your desire. I just give a twist a bit by adding the fresh mint and chopped candid walnut.
For the dip ingredients:
1 - 12 oz (340g) Cool Whip Original
1 - Cup Strawberry Yogurt
1 - Cup Vanilla Yogurt
3 - leaves fresh mint chopped
1/2 - Cup Candid Walnut chopped - for garnish
In a bowl mix all the ingredients (except the walnut) make sure incorporate all the ingredients together. The mint will add refreshment into the dip. Transfer into a serving bowl garnish with the chopped walnut and mint.
This Lechon Pork Belly is brined for 3 days and baked for 6 hours. For so many times I made this I finally satisfied with the outcome. As they said try and try till you succeed. And that's what exactly I did, never give up till I get it perfect.
9 - 10 lbs Pork Belly Slab, skin on
For the brine:
2 chicken bouillon
1 bunch Parsley
1 stalk Rosemary
1 stalk Sage
1 stalk Thyme
6 Bay leaves
1 head garlic - crushed
1 lemon grass - cut in half
6 stalk green onions
2 Tablespoons Peppercorn
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup salt
15 cups water
1 cup garlic - finely chopped
3 stalk lemon grass - cut in half
1/2 cup green onions
2 Tablespoons Sage - finely chopped
2 Tablespoons Rosemary - finely chopped
2 Tablespoons Ground Black Pepper
1/2 cup apple sider vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce
Salt and Ground black pepper to taste
1 - 2 thai chili (or more depends how spicy you prepare)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons diced shallots
4 cloves diced garlic
1. Make sure to wash the pork belly and pat dry with paper towel
2. In a big pot, put the water, chicken bouillon, Parsley, Rosemary, Sage, stalk Thyme, Bay leaves, garlic, lemon grass, green onions, Tablespoons Peppercorn, granulated sugar and salt.
3. Boil and simmer for 10 minutes to release the flavor from the herbs and dissolved the sugar and salt. Turn off and let it cool.
4. In a shallow pan submerge the pork belly with the brine, cover and put in refrigerator for overnight or longer for best result.
5. Preheat oven for 375 degrees. Prep the pork belly, wash in running cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
6. In a clean and dry surface place the pork belly and place the stuffing; garlic, rosemary, sage, green onions and the lemon grass.
7. Roll the pork belly and secure it with twine.
8. Using a roasting pan with a rack, place the pork belly in the middle, brush it with fresh milk and cover with foil. Baked for 4 hours.
9. After 4 hours pull out from the oven take out cover, brush it with fresh milk and baked it for another 2 hours uncovered. Continue cooking it till skin is crispy.
10. One is cook give pork belly a 10 minutes to rest before serve it. You can serve it with your favorite dipping sauce.
This coleslaw is very easy to make. I made this last Father's day and it was a hit. I used what already I have in the fridge and in my pantry.
1 - Can 20 oz ( 1 lb 4oz, 566g) Pineapple tidbits, drained
2 Can mandarin oranges in syrup, drained
2 Bag (14 oz, 397g) classic coleslaw
1 Apples ( I use honeycrips) julienne
Sauce or Dressing:
1 cup Mayonnaise
4 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Make the sauce and set aside
2. In a serving bowl mixed all the pineapple tidbits, mandarin oranges, coleslaw and apple.
3. Pour the sauce and tossed all together. Cover and leave in the fridge for about 1 hour or you can make this ahead too.
I made this Baked Salmon with Quinoa, Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes for Sunday dinner and it was delicious. My husband definitely enjoy it. This is a easy fix meal. You can prep or make ahead, perfect for lunch or dinner.
4 Salmon Filet
2 cups Quinoa
3 cups Chicken stock (I use less sodium)
2 cups Asparagus (cut 1" long)
2 cups cherry tomatoes (cut half)
4 Tablespoons Olive Oil (divide into two)
1 Lemon sliced
Garlic salt Seasoning - to taste
Old bay Seasoning - to taste
Ground black pepper - to taste
1. Rinse quinoa with cold running water till the water get clear. In a medium pot put the quinoa add the chicken stock, put cover and cook it for about 15 - 20 in medium low heat.
2. Wash salmon and pat dry with paper towel then drizzle with olive oil, season with garlic salt, ground black pepper and old bay seasoning, then top with lemon. Bake to 400 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes.
3. In a medium or large sauteed pan, cook vegetable in medium heat. Add olive oil the sauteed the asparagus and cherry tomatoes for 2 - minutes season with garlic salt and ground black pepper.
4. Once vegetables are cook mixed that into the quinoa and tossed all together. You can adjust seasoning if necessary.
I made this dinner for me and my husband because I promise to make him a healthy meal. So I came out with this Honey Mustard Baked Chicken. For the honey mustard dressing I use; 4 tablespoons stone ground mustard and 2 tablespoons honey and mixed them together. For the chicken breast I seasoned with garlic salt, onion powder, paprika and ground black pepper. Preheat over to 400 degrees. In a baking pan place the chicken and pour the mustard dressing onto the chicken cover with foil and bake it to 25 - 35 minutes depends on the size of the chicken. Use a thermometer to check if the chicken is fully cook should be 165 degrees. And toasted with sliced almond and sprinkle ontop of the chicken. This is the first time I made this and it came out good.
Seafood is one of my favorite food. I always experiment or play some recipe in my kitchen using all the ingredients I already have in my pantry and refrigerator. One day I decided to make Baked Cod in Tomato sauce for the first time and serve over fettuccine or your favorite pasta.
8 - 10 filet of Cod
1 - Red Bell Pepper (Julienne)
1 - Green Bell Pepper (Julienne)
1 - Sweet Onion ( use only the half, sliced)
1 - 6 oz / 170g Black Olive Pitted (sliced)
1/2 Cup Capers
1 - Can (20 oz/794g) Diced Tomatoes with Italian Herbs
Chili flakes to taste
Garlic Salt to taste
Ground black pepper
Fresh or dried parsley for garnish
1. Wash fish and pat dry with paper towel. Seasoned with garlic salt and ground black pepper.
2. Baking dish 9x13 pour half of the tomato sauce.
3. Place the fish then pour the rest of the tomato sauce.
4. Sprinkle some chili flakes, then put the olives, capers, onions, red and green belle peppers.
5. Cover with foil and baked to 400 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes.
I made this when I hosted a Bridal Shower for my friend. For the stuffing I used real crab you can subtitute to imitation crab (cheaper) or whatever you desire.
For the stuffing I season the crab with black ground pepper, salt, powder garlic, powder onion, paprika, lemon zest, mayonnaise, panko bread, and old bay seasoning and mixed all together.
For the salmon filet I melted unsalted butter season with garlic salt and lemon pepper then I brush it into the salmon filet.
For the vegetables I used summer squash and zucchini or you can use any vegetables you desire. I season the vegetables with olive oil, salt and black ground pepper.
In a pan place the salmon filet then spread the crab mixture evenly into the salmon then place the vegetables around it. Slice some fresh lemon place ontop and baked to 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Once cook squeezed some fresh lemon juice onto the stuffed salmon and serve.
What really make me this Stuffed Teriyaki Cheeseburger is when one of my friend came and visit and brought me a roasted chile and at the same time she told me to make something out of it. I love challenge and when my creativity kick in. And this is why I came out with this burger.
For the burger I use Angus Ground Beef for my patty. Here is the ingredients for the Stuffed Teriyaki Cheeseburger.
4 - 5 lbs Angus Ground Beef
2 Tbsp. Powder Onion
2 Tbsp. Garlic Salt
1 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
1 Can (567g) Pineapple Tidbits ( Drained and squeezed the excess juice)
1 Can (567g) Pineapple Slices (Drained)
1/2 Cup Roated Chile (chopped)
2 Roasted Red Bell Peppers (cut in ring) you can use the you bought from store to save you extra time. But depend on you.
2 Tomato (sliced)
1 head of lettuce
1 Red Onion (Cut in ring)
1/4 Cup Teriyaki Sauce
1 Bag (8 oz) Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
7 Slices Smoked Gouda Cheese
7 Brioche Buns
For the mayo:
1 Cup Mayonnaise
1 Tsp. Sriracha (or more depend how hot you want)
1 Tbsp. Teriyaki Sauce
1. In a bowl put the ground beef, powder onion, garlic salt, black pepper, pineapple tidbits, teriyaki sauce, roasted chile and grated cheddar cheese and mix all the ingredients together. You can form the burger about 6 oz per patties.
2. Grilled the Pineapple slice, Red bell pepper and onion, set aside.
3. Cook the hamburger 2 minutes each side, topped with smoked Gouda cheese.
Grilled the buns and assemble your burger.