Chicken Macaroni Salad
My version of Chicken Macaroni Salad. This is the first time I make this and it came out really good. Too my surprised some of my picky friends love it! Chicken Macaroni Salad is very popular in the Philippines as a side dish. Easy to make and prepare.
1 - Can Condensed Milk (14 oz 396g)
1 - 8 oz ( 226g )Cream Cheese room temperature
1/2 - chopped candied pecan or walnuts (optional)
1/2 - Cup parsley - chopped (optional)
1/2 - Cup red onion diced
1 - Cup finely shredded Carrots
2 - Cook chicken breast diced ( I used 2 breast of the rotisserie chicken)
1 - Cup raisins or cranberry
2 - Cup Mayonnaise
2 - Cups Ambrosia, Fuji or Honeycrisp Apples diced
1 - Cup Celery diced
1 - Cup shredded Eden Cheese + 1/4 cup for garnish
Note: If Eden cheese is not available you can use mild cheddar cheese instead.
1 - Box Elbows Macaroni (1 lb, 454g)
Salt and Ground black pepper - to taste
1. Prepare all your dry ingredients (Mise en place).
2. Cook the elbow macaroni ( drained and set a side). Make sure before you incorporate or add the pasta to rest of the ingredients is cold not hot nor warm.
3. In a bowl combine mayonnaise, cream cheese and condensed milk whisk it till all well blended and free of lump (silky and velvety texture) season with salt and ground black pepper. Cover with plastic and place it in the refrigerator.
4. In a big bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
5. Get the sauce from the refrigerator added to the rest of the ingredients, tossed it well to make sure that all the ingredients is well coated with the sauce. Adjust seasoning by adding salt and black pepper.
6. Chill about 2 hours before serving. Transfer in a serving platter and garnish with the remaining cheese.
7. You can make this ahead of time too.
8/9/2019 08:31:54 am
This is to die for!!!
Leave a Reply.
Copyright 2019 - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Weebly