My version of Chicken Macaroni Salad. This is the first time I make this and it came out really good. Too my surprised some of my picky friends love it! Chicken Macaroni Salad is very popular in the Philippines as a side dish. Easy to make and prepare.
1 - Can Condensed Milk (14 oz 396g)
1 - 8 oz ( 226g )Cream Cheese room temperature
1/2 - chopped candied pecan or walnuts (optional)
1/2 - Cup parsley - chopped (optional)
1/2 - Cup red onion diced
1 - Cup finely shredded Carrots
2 - Cook chicken breast diced ( I used 2 breast of the rotisserie chicken)
1 - Cup raisins or cranberry
2 - Cup Mayonnaise
2 - Cups Ambrosia, Fuji or Honeycrisp Apples diced
1 - Cup Celery diced
1 - Cup shredded Eden Cheese + 1/4 cup for garnish
Note: If Eden cheese is not available you can use mild cheddar cheese instead.
1 - Box Elbows Macaroni (1 lb, 454g)
Salt and Ground black pepper - to taste
1. Prepare all your dry ingredients (Mise en place).
2. Cook the elbow macaroni ( drained and set a side). Make sure before you incorporate or add the pasta to rest of the ingredients is cold not hot nor warm.
3. In a bowl combine mayonnaise, cream cheese and condensed milk whisk it till all well blended and free of lump (silky and velvety texture) season with salt and ground black pepper. Cover with plastic and place it in the refrigerator.
4. In a big bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
5. Get the sauce from the refrigerator added to the rest of the ingredients, tossed it well to make sure that all the ingredients is well coated with the sauce. Adjust seasoning by adding salt and black pepper.
6. Chill about 2 hours before serving. Transfer in a serving platter and garnish with the remaining cheese.
7. You can make this ahead of time too.
Homemade dip with fresh fruits perfect for snacks or potluck to share with family and friends when having a barbecue. FYI my chica Rita taught me how to make this delicious dip. You can serve with your favorite fruits your desire. I just give a twist a bit by adding the fresh mint and chopped candid walnut.
For the dip ingredients:
1 - 12 oz (340g) Cool Whip Original
1 - Cup Strawberry Yogurt
1 - Cup Vanilla Yogurt
3 - leaves fresh mint chopped
1/2 - Cup Candid Walnut chopped - for garnish
In a bowl mix all the ingredients (except the walnut) make sure incorporate all the ingredients together. The mint will add refreshment into the dip. Transfer into a serving bowl garnish with the chopped walnut and mint.
This coleslaw is very easy to make. I made this last Father's day and it was a hit. I used what already I have in the fridge and in my pantry.
1 - Can 20 oz ( 1 lb 4oz, 566g) Pineapple tidbits, drained
2 Can mandarin oranges in syrup, drained
2 Bag (14 oz, 397g) classic coleslaw
1 Apples ( I use honeycrips) julienne
Sauce or Dressing:
1 cup Mayonnaise
4 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Make the sauce and set aside
2. In a serving bowl mixed all the pineapple tidbits, mandarin oranges, coleslaw and apple.
3. Pour the sauce and tossed all together. Cover and leave in the fridge for about 1 hour or you can make this ahead too.