This Lechon Pork Belly is brined for 3 days and baked for 6 hours. For so many times I made this I finally satisfied with the outcome. As they said try and try till you succeed. And that's what exactly I did, never give up till I get it perfect.
9 - 10 lbs Pork Belly Slab, skin on
For the brine:
2 chicken bouillon
1 bunch Parsley
1 stalk Rosemary
1 stalk Sage
1 stalk Thyme
6 Bay leaves
1 head garlic - crushed
1 lemon grass - cut in half
6 stalk green onions
2 Tablespoons Peppercorn
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup salt
15 cups water
1 cup garlic - finely chopped
3 stalk lemon grass - cut in half
1/2 cup green onions
2 Tablespoons Sage - finely chopped
2 Tablespoons Rosemary - finely chopped
2 Tablespoons Ground Black Pepper
1/2 cup apple sider vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce
Salt and Ground black pepper to taste
1 - 2 thai chili (or more depends how spicy you prepare)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons diced shallots
4 cloves diced garlic
1. Make sure to wash the pork belly and pat dry with paper towel
2. In a big pot, put the water, chicken bouillon, Parsley, Rosemary, Sage, stalk Thyme, Bay leaves, garlic, lemon grass, green onions, Tablespoons Peppercorn, granulated sugar and salt.
3. Boil and simmer for 10 minutes to release the flavor from the herbs and dissolved the sugar and salt. Turn off and let it cool.
4. In a shallow pan submerge the pork belly with the brine, cover and put in refrigerator for overnight or longer for best result.
5. Preheat oven for 375 degrees. Prep the pork belly, wash in running cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
6. In a clean and dry surface place the pork belly and place the stuffing; garlic, rosemary, sage, green onions and the lemon grass.
7. Roll the pork belly and secure it with twine.
8. Using a roasting pan with a rack, place the pork belly in the middle, brush it with fresh milk and cover with foil. Baked for 4 hours.
9. After 4 hours pull out from the oven take out cover, brush it with fresh milk and baked it for another 2 hours uncovered. Continue cooking it till skin is crispy.
10. One is cook give pork belly a 10 minutes to rest before serve it. You can serve it with your favorite dipping sauce.